We serve the North West of England
We are committed to understanding the key factors that make our region unique.
We are building resilience to continue serving our growing population and support jobs and the tourism industry.
- 7.3 million population expected to grow significantly in the next 25 years
- 22,700(1) jobs actively supported by our work, with over 5,000 direct employees
- Tourism relied on by Lake District, Liverpool and coastal area
We are leading the sector on affordability and vulnerability.
- 41 per cent of the most deprived areas in the country
- 47 per cent of households have less than £100 savings to cope with unexpected bills
- 18 per cent of households are affected by water poverty, 20 per cent higher than the national average
We have a large coastline, protected rural areas and dense urban areas, all of which create different demands.
- 30 per cent of land is National Park or Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty or Sites of Special Scientific Interest
- 29 designated bathing waters
- 830mm higher than average UK rainfall each year
(1)based on our 2020 to 2025 business plan